Hosting an Intern
We believe in providing internship relationships that are beneficial both for the student and for the host organisation. We make sure that the students selected to take part in our programs are highly motivated and dedicated to proving themselves in the workplace. We also work with the host organisation before the internship begins to make sure that the intern will be supervised and directed, so that their work can be useful for both their host and their own future career.
Benefits of Hosting an Intern
How could hosting an intern benefit you?
Previous host organisations say that hosting an intern provides:
What we provide
At International Internships our role is to make the whole process as smooth and beneficial as possible for all parties. We look after the intern throughout the entire internship process, from application until completion. Hosts simply provide work during work hours, but outside of work hours, the intern is the responsibility of International Internships.
All interns are encouraged to undertake a language course before commencing their internship, and International Internships will either arrange or assist the intern to arrange this.
Requirements of Hosts
International Internships will work with host organisations to make sure both you and the intern get the most out of the experience. Since we take care of everything outside of work hours, your organisation is only responsible for the intern while they are at work.
- Ensuring that during the internship your intern receives meaningful work that contributes to your organisation’s day-to-day business and involves a range of tasks and activities
- Appointing a member of the organisation to act as supervisor and mentor for the intern and to guide them during their internship
- Providing the intern with an induction and orientation, such as information on general work procedures and health and safety in the workplace
- Liaising with the Internship Co-ordinator at International Internships throughout the internship
- On occasions the intern will be obtaining credit from their home university and the host organisation may be required to complete some forms as a part of this process. International Internships will always explain these fully and endeavor to answer any questions you may have.
Intern Selection Process
We work with you to find the best students for your organisation. You can tell us if you have any preferences or requirements of your interns and we will only find you candidates that are right for you.